Our assurance team at MGA can provide numerous benefits to business owners and their companies. We can help uncover errors in their financial statements, identify weaknesses in their internal controls, and provide confidence in their financial reporting. We have the experience and expertise needed to help our clients feel confident and secure in their operations.
Of course, we offer audits, reviews, and compilations of financial statements, but at MGA, we like to create a unique approach for the specific needs of each of our clients. Here are a few examples of how we at MGA can support organizations with our full range of assurance services.
- Agreed-Upon Procedures. Many clients come to us with specific tasks that they need a hand with. Take fixed assets for example. When a company purchases capitalizable assets, it is necessary to maintain a depreciation schedule. This is a vital task that we can help with.
- Benefit Plan Audits. While many employee benefit plans may require an audit, a 401(k) plan and health and welfare plan are two of the most common. An audit of a benefit plan can be a time-consuming and expensive process, and planning is key. Not only do we conduct required benefit plan audits for our clients, but we also act as a valuable partner in the complex planning process.
- Accounting Research. Many business owners utilize our assurance team as their trusted resource for one-off accounting research projects. One significant example is the constant release of new accounting standards, such as the new revenue recognition and leasing standards. By providing the intricate details to our clients, we can help them make sure they have an implementation plan and suitable system in place that will meet the new requirements.
- Personal Financial Statement Preparation. Many individuals need personal financial statements prepared for a variety of reasons. Their financial position may be requested by creditors, estate planners, or their CPA for income tax planning purposes. It could also be used to formally organize and design their retirement plan. Whatever their primary focus is, we can help.
- Construction Audits. Construction projects that are not properly managed can quickly spiral out of control and create a potential for overcharges and fraud. Many clients come to us wanting to ensure that their construction project costs are being charged in accordance with the terms of the contract. We will work closely with the client’s internal project management team and the general contractor to determine that all construction costs incurred are appropriate.
At MGA, we genuinely dig deep to understand your particular business and operations. By doing so, we can create an assurance approach tailored to your specific needs. What are the challenges that you and your company are currently facing? Perhaps we can be of help to you.
- Accounting research
- Assess internal control structure
- Audits, reviews, compilations, and preparations of financial statements
- Benefit plan audits
- Drafting or review of Management Discussion & Analysis
- Initial public offering assistance
- Nontraditional engagements — including forecasts and projections, reporting on pro-forma information, and other agreed-upon procedures
- Preparing tax accruals and assisting with uncertain tax positions
- Your problem to solve